I was trying to access Fedora Virtualization server with qmeu+ssh from Ubuntu client
Server: Fedora 15 (running libvirtd)
Client: virt-manager connect with Server
1) install virt-manager to client
2) Add connection (File->Add Connection)
3) Select ‘connect to Remote Host’ and select ssh with host IP or Address
if you get error like
Unable to open a connection to the libvirt management daemon.
Libvirt URI is: qemu+ssh://root@XX.XX.XX.XX/???
– The ‘libvirt-bin’ package is installed
– The ‘libvirtd’ daemon has been started
– That you have access to ‘/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock’
then try following workaround:
ssh-copy-id -i /home/USER/.ssh/id_rsa.pub root@XX.XX.XX.XX
(you may need to create Key with ssh-keygen -t rsa)
After doing this you need to DELETE old connection (virt-manager) and Add connection, otherwise it will not work